Location - Lanarkshire
Salary - £18,000 - £22,000 p.a (dependent on experience)
Neo Environmental had a great opportunity for a graduate to manage the planning process for a new portfolio of commercial solar projects. This is a 12 month placement with an opportunity of converting to a permanent role
Neo Environmental has been awarded a contract to undertake the environmental and ecological assessment work for the installation of large solar PV arrays. The results from these assessments will then need to be compiled into planning applications to be submitted to the Local Planning Authority.
The role will be based in our office in Bellshill, although travel to site to undertake ecological and environmental assessments will be required. The individual will need to provide and develop the technical skills that the company currently lacks for large solar projects as part of the role. He/She will also be required to develop new systems to manage the whole process. This will include the production of the various planning and environmental reports and also liaising with key statutory organisations.
Job description & duties
- Project management and delivery of EIAs, environmental statements
- Producing Grid Connection Applications
- Liaising with clients and statutory consultees (e.g. Historic Scotland and the Scottish Environmental Protection Agency (SEPA))
- Producing feasibility studies and planning applications
- Attending client and site meetings
- Carrying out site assessments and compiling the data into comprehensive reports
Skills / Experience
- Good knowledge of UK environmental and planning legislation and regulations
- Technically competent
- GIS knowledge/experience
- Competent Microsoft Office user
- The successful candidate will be required to produce reports for clients and so attention to detail, reliability, and good organisational skills are essential.
- Full Driving License (due to requirement to travel to site)
- An interest in renewable energy
- Knowledge/Experience of renewable generation projects
- A degree in zoology or a related environmental discipline
- Qualification in an Environmental subject
By developing this new service, the company expects to enhance and diversify our project portfolio. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work towards professional environmental accreditation. There will be significant in-house training on numerous software packages which will provide the individual with valuable skills for any environmental and planning role. The project management experience gained will aid in an enthusiastic and motivated individuals continual professional development.
As part of the TalentScotland Graduate Placement Programme, the candidate will benefit from support from the TSGPP team and will have access to a residential Leadership and Business skills training course.
This is a 12 month placement with a possibility of converting to a permanent role.
All applications will be processed through the Talent Scotland Graduate Placement programme. Please direct all initial questions or enquiries to the Talent Scotland team.