Embedded Electronic Engineer
Odos Imaging Ltd
The project is primarily aimed toward the further development of the existing software to control Odos Imaging’s camera systems. The software will run as an embedded program. The graduate will refine and retune the software program for product release. The ultimate success of this project will be the production release of the camera and software programs, together with a well written code base and appropriate documentation. There is significant scope for innovation in writing both efficient and potentially novel code.
The role will encompass software prototyping, design for production, debug, and embedded software maintenance. The graduate will report to the VP Systems Development.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the embedded software contained within camera systems. The role will encompass software prototyping, design for production, debug, and software maintenance. It is expected that the successful candidate will be able to contribute to algorithm development, and understand the relation of embedded software to the entire system.
Typical daily tasks will include:
- Assisting in the development of software.
- Use of a revision control system.
- Contributing to the design of software modules.
- Debugging of software.
- Testing that programs perform correctly within a camera system.
It is expected that in the first instance, tasks will be small and well defined, primarily aimed toward improvements to existing code. As the candidate gains more understanding of the embedded system, tasks will broaden toward larger modules of code, and additional new modules.
As part of the TalentScotland Graduate Placement Programme, the candidate will benefit from support from a team within Scottish Enterprise and will have access to training.
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Electronic Engineering, Software Development or similar
- Good programming skills (C/C++, embedded)
- Clear communication and documentation skills.
- Excellent team working skills
- Ability to work under own initiative, proactively and independently
- Knowledge or general understanding of revision control systems and real time systems
- Background in electro-optics and imaging systems
- Knowledge of assembly language
- Knowledge of Linux, gcc tool chain
- Knowledge or experience in circuit design, imaging systems, image processing or signal processing
- Experience or expertise in revision control systems and real time systems.
Odos Imaging is a high growth venture, based in Edinburgh, focusing on developing and manufacturing state-of-the-art imaging solutions, based on proprietary technologies, originally developed at Siemens AG. Odos Imaging is in an exciting period of growth, with its first products entering the market during 2012. It is staffed by a small, dynamic team with wide-ranging experience and expertise.
The successful graduate will gain exposure to dynamic environment of start-up company, potential for permanent employment, exposure to all aspects of camera development.
Location of Placement
Preferred Placement Start Date
Closing Date of Advert
24 June 2012
£18,000-26,000 p.a pro rata depending on experience and skills
Duration of Placement
9 months, definite potential to convert to permanent role for the right person