Malakoff Ltd, based in Lerwick, Shetland, is recruiting for a recent graduate for a 12 month Cost Control project. The successful graduate will help streamline and better integrate Project Management and Service Delivery procedures. The project will involve liaison and assisting in the co-ordination of information from all relevant parties ensuring that any discrepancies in information are resolved and that timescales are observed to enable deadlines to be met.
Malakoff Ltd, based in Lerwick, Shetland, is recruiting for a recent graduate for a 12 month Cost Control project. The successful graduate will be responsible for developing and stream-lining their integrated management systems for project control through improved monitoring and analysis of job costs and controls in order to enhance client service delivery.
The role will involve:
• Monitor the cost control of projects;
• Responsibility for agreeing and recommending approval of contractual payments leading to the settlement of the ‘Final Account’ for small and medium contracts;
• Report and forecast on contract final outturn costs to senior management;
• Adhere to Company Policy & Procedures, Codes of Conduct and financial management systems
• Assist with the preparation of Estimates/Quotes and Rates and Project Schedules
• Checking, evaluation and reporting on tenders received by the Company
• Provide preliminary works cost estimates to establish feasibility and detailed estimates for budget guidance, final approval and later financial monitoring;
• Assist in the maintenance of the project register including annual review
Corporate and Statutory Initiatives:
• Maintain awareness and integration of the Company aims and strategies with delivery of the service and projects to ensure priority is given to quality services and sustainable development opportunities
This position is part funded by Highlands and Islands Enterprise and the European Regional Development Fund.
Skills / Experience
• Educated to Degree level in appropriate discipline
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• Understanding of Company structures and procedures
• Ability to manage, negotiate and agree small and medium sized contracts to a successful financial conclusion with limited supervision
• Establish and develop working relationships with internal and external technical staff and organisations
• Build strong working relationships with all parts of the organisation and provide appropriate feedback to enhance best practice
• Having a positive attitude towards continuing professional development and innovation
• To organise personal workload and manage outcomes to meet planned objectives in terms of time
• Positive attitude to self development
• Awareness of organisational structures and management systems
• Knowledge of Microsoft Project
• Good interpersonal skills
• Sound organisational skills
As part of the TalentScotland Graduate Placement Programme in the Highlands and Islands, the candidate will benefit from support from a team within Highlands and Islands Enterprise and also access training focussed on employability and business skills, including a five day residential course. There is the potential for full time employment following the placement, depending on performance.
All applications will be processed through the Talent Scotland Graduate Placement programme. Please direct all initial questions or enquiries to the Talent Scotland team.