Commercial Assistant – 12 Month Placement
NOTICE: This job has now expired and will not be accepting any more
Overall purpose of the role:
The Commercial Assistant will support the Buying team with all aspects of the central buying process and administrative requirements providing information and reports to the team and being a point of contact to other parts of the Business.
- To liaise with the Category team to administer and track all ad-hoc and terms related billing
- Help with the administrative management of Red Book
- Run Edison reports to provide information upon request to the Buyers
- To support the Buyers in any ad-hoc project work as and when required.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of our competitors’ trading offer, communicating to the Trading Team any key competitor activities on a daily basis.
- Maintain products within promotions, campaigns and collections, ensuring commercial statements are accurate, checking stock availability issues and ensuring valid voucher codes remain operable throughout the activity.
- Assist in the set-up of promotions by attaching promotional lozenges, buttons and banners, and setup of packages as required.
- Review daily price discrepancy and resolve any issues.
- As part of ‘Team Search’, contribute to discussion on how customers shop online and set up any redirects as decided within weekly meetings.
- Develop online/retail knowledge by maintaining a programme of personal development.
- Work on Ad-Hoc commercial / buying and web projects as advised by managers
Opportunities are available within:
- Buying function in Consumer Electronics
- Buying function in Home Appliances
- Web function in Marketing and Direct Channels
Skills/Attributes required for the role:
- Currently studying towards a relevant degree.
- Numerate with good analytical skills.
- Good Excel skills, with the ability to quickly learn new systems.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Hard working, flexible and a good team player
- Ability and enthusiasm to work to tight deadlines and prioritise workload
Are you interested?
If you are interested in this role please apply by clicking on the ‘apply now’ button.
London (inner and outer), South West England, UK locations