Buyer / Development Role – Graduate Opportunity
Leicester, East Midlands
Attractive Salary Plus Benefits
Our client is part of a long established and highly successful chilled food manufacturer and market leader supplying a range of pastry products to the UK’s leading retailers.
They are looking for a keen, enthusiastic person, of graduate calibre, to join their buying team at their bakery in Leicester. The Company will support the right candidate to develop into this role.
The buyer is responsible for ensuring that any items purchased are fit for purpose and that the best value for money is achieved.
The post-holder will work towards being able to fulfil a range of duties including:
- Managing and review our suppliers to include developing an excellent understanding of each of their specific processes.
- Ensuring value for money purchases
- Working with colleagues in Purchasing and other departments to ensure that purchasing procedures are adhered to
- Managing relationship with suppliers to ensure customer deadlines are met.
- Liasing with stores to monitor minimum order quantities, delivery frequency, stock holdings etc and recommend changes as appropriate.
- Identify potential stock at risk of becoming obsolete and reporting this to Purchasing Manager
- Being pro-active in identifying any opportunities for improvement in any areas of Purchasing or general business activity
The PersonIn order to develop into this role you will be numerate, analytical and IT literate (particularly excel and word) in addition to having a genuine desire to work in a purchasing role in a manufacturing environment. You will be flexible, have an ability to influence others and be an effective problem solver. Your strong interpersonal skills will make you a good team player and a good communicator.