Solus is looking for a graduate as a Blackberry developer to implement our various mobile apps on the Blackberry platform. The graduate will be involved in the development of apps for new and existing customers in Libraries, Health, Education and Tourism. This is a 12 month placement based in Glasgow and there is a strong possibility of converting to a permanent role.
Solus UK Ltd is a digital communications company based in East Kilbride. We are recruiting a Blackberry developer for a 12 month placement to join our team developing mobile apps for our clients.
The Blackberry project is to take three existing applications (a library app, an NHS pregnancy app and a lifestyle app) and further develop them to include more integrated functionality including; plug ins for external systems, notifications systems, deeper social media links etc.
Our growth area is the development of mobile apps for client organisations and this often involves the integration with existing systems, e.g. library management systems, booking systems in the leisure industry etc. The successful candidate would be heavily involved in this development.
The role will include:
· Developing apps across a range of sectors, specifically Libraries, Health, Education and Tourism
· Working with SOLUS’s base platform App architecture and customising it for the relevant app platform
· Integrating with 3rd party systems to ensure a seamless user experience for users
· Testing of applications on hardware devices and ensuring compatibility across form factors
· Incorporating customer feedback and suggesting and developing new features
· Working to tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high level of quality.
The successful candidate/s would be heavily involved in the development of mobile applications for both new and existing clients and this would involve replicating existing apps for other clients, developing new features and functionality for existing applications and also potentially developing new stand-alone apps.
The successful candidate/s would be working as part of a small development team and would have the opportunity to contribute significantly to the team and bring their own ideas to the table for consideration and integration.
Skills / Experience
· A thorough knowledge of the Blackberry platform
· Knowledge and/or skills in Java and webworks programming
· An ability to produce high quality work
· A keen interest in technology and that they keep up to date with the latest trends in the market
· Good communication skills (verbal and written)
· An ability to work independently in a proactive manner as well as in small teams
· Project experience in Mobile Development
· Knowledge of the Cordova/PhoneGap platform and JQuery Mobile
· Existing apps in the app store as a reference would also be a plus
· Computing Science or Software Engineering degree preferable or masters conversion course to IT
As part of the TelentScotland Graduate Placement Programme, the candidate will benefit from support from the TSGPP team and will have access to a residential Leadership and Business skills training course.
All applications will be processed through the Talent Scotland Graduate Placement programme. Please direct all initial questions or enquiries to the Talent Scotland team.