AxiCom, based in Barnes, SW London, is a technology and telecoms specialist 'public relations agency' working in the consumer and b2b fields, with offices across Europe. This role is based in Barnes.
AxiCom has been named the 2006 Best Specialist Multinational Consultancy to Work For by international PR newsletter The Holmes Report.
An AxiCom account executive will have proved his/her ability to write well, to present effectively and to work professionally. The account executive’s role is to carry out a range of public relations activities to achieve the best possible results for clients.
Your starting salary will be £17,000 per annum, rising to £19,000 after six months. We also offer an annual bonus scheme, gym membership, top level Dental plan and company mobile phone among other employee benefits.
The Ideal candidate will need to be able to:
Work effectively with clients
- To be confident and helpful when dealing with clients
- To learn as much as possible about clients’ businesses and their competitors
- To identify work that needs to be done, and , referring to managers as necessary, to carry out that work with minimal supervision
- To maintain clear and regular communication with clients
- To back up account manager as client contact
Effectively manage PR activities for clients and AxiCom
- To work effectively with the media, analysts and other audiences for the best possible results for clients
- To schedule media and analyst tours and coordinate logistics; compile editorial calendars and track opportunities; develop briefing books and client reports; attend media events as appropriate; place speakers at industry panels
- To develop relationships with key trade press and analysts
- To proof read and check the style of press releases and other documents
- To be sensitive to client budgets – ensuring clients get excellent value, while ensuring AxiCom does not over-service to the agency’s detriment
Effectively work within a team
- To work without supervision, referring to managers as necessary
- To provide professional and efficient support to team members and peers
- To direct the work of account co-ordinators as required
- To effectively and sensitively send requests to, and respond to requests from, teams in other AxiCom offices
- To effectively manage your own time and activities
- To complete projects and duties within the timeframe allotted
- To maintain excellent communications within the team
Demonstrate technology industry knowledge and expertise
- To read relevant trade media and stay in touch with industry issues and trends
- To be a regular contributor to industry discussions
Ensure the highest quality of work
- To deliver the highest quality of written and verbal communication
- To be committed to the highest quality, integrity and customer service
- To develop relationships with press and analysts relevant to clients
- To contribute creatively for your clients and the agency
Contribute to AxiCom’s growth and development
- To suggest idea for improving company processes or activities at any time
- To look for opportunities for new business for AxiCom
- To show confidence in your own ideas and views
- To display sound judgement
- To meet deadlines
- To accept responsibility for your work
How to apply
Click apply now with your CV and covering letter explaining why you feel you are suitable for this role (Remember, we are a Technology PR agency). We only accept applications from candidates who have a valid work permit.
'Please note that this is NOT an accounting (finance) position. It is a PUBLIC RELATIONS position.'