What is exciting about this role?
This is a rare opportunity to join an innovative corporation who are looking to further develop their business on a global scale. Your experience and skills as a Graduate in Physics, Chemistry or material sciences with some knowledge of optics and polymers will be improved with the chance to join this innovative company
What do we do?
We are a Research and Development company working primarily in the Flat Panel Display market. With a wide ranging portfolio of Thin-Film Polymer patents and our extensive knowledge base, we provide tailored solutions to our customer’s requirements as well as international licensing and technology transfers
So where do you come in?
This role will include:
- Optical and geometrical characterisation of optical films
- Providing data and reports on optical film to project associates
- Project support in development of UV curable inks and lacquers
- Maintaining measurement equipment including rheology, optical and surface analysis equipment
- General management of analytical areas, with responsibility for chemical stock and maintenance of records and COSHH documentation
What can we give you?
We are giving you the opportunity as a graduate to further your career while allowing you the opportunity to gain experience of projects from optical design through applications in displays and renewable energy
What you need to demonstrate?
- Graduate in Chemistry, Physics or material science, with relevant experience in polymer chemistry. Some knowledge of optics would be beneficial
- Must be able to maintain accurate records, write coherent reports, research summaries and associated documents
- Willing to learn use of specialist equipment including Zygo
- Good communication skills and able to work as part of a team
- Flexible, self motivated, independent and able to work unsupervised or as part of a team.
WE ARE INTERVIEWING APPLICANTS NOW. TO BE CONSIDERD APPLY TODAY
Discovery is one of the leading consultancies in Graduate Sales Recruitment. We know the needs and desires of graduates aspiring to be some of the UK’s top sales people. A career in sales can be very challenging and rewarding. All our positions will provide you with a good basic salary and in many cases, the opportunity to earn substantial bonuses, company cars and other benefits including healthcare and in some case all expenses paid trips abroad.