The Personal Lines division of Allianz Cornhill is responsible for the provision of personal insurance products including motor vehicle, household, light commercial vehicle and personal accident to the UK consumer market.
We market our products through both B2B (business to business)and B2C (business to consumer) channels including brokers, financial intermediaries, banks and building societies, internet, call centres and through partnerships with retail brands. In our B2C activity we utilise the full direct marketing media mix to drive sales.
The markets in which the Personal Lines Division operates are highly competitive and require us to be:
- Innovative in the way we target, position and package our products
- Dynamic in the way we continuously improve our sales and service process to enhance the customer experience.
- Intelligent in the way we utilise our budgets and deploy our resource to acquire and retain customers.
Within this environment there is considerable opportunity for a talented and commercially orientated individual to learn the fundamentals of what it takes to run a successful multi-channel, multi-media sales and marketing organisation and to undertake a professional business qualification such as the diploma in marketing ACIM.
In return we will expect you to add value across a number of business areas. The structured programme you will undertake will cover secondments in a number of business areas including Sales, Marketing, Customer Service and Business Management and we will expect you to bring a fresh perspective, provide challenge, introduce new ideas and to generally make a positive contribution to each area. Your secondments will be based at both our Guildford and Bristol offices with some opportunities to travel throughout the UK and further afield.
If this role is of interest to you then you will need to persuade us that you:
- Can personally make a difference and make things happen
- Can generate original and sound ideas and concepts
- Will take responsibility and drive your own career and personal development
- Will be committed to study towards a professional qualification
- Have a very keen interest in and aptitude for business
- Have a good understanding of, and interest in, a Sales and Marketing career.
In return we offer:
- From 20 days annual leave
- Location allowances
- Lunch allowance
- Pension scheme
- Medical insurance
- Employee share ownership plan
- Insurance discounts
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Sports club membership
- Professional further education
...and much more!
If you are thinking of applying then please ensure you:
- Are able to work in the UK without a work permit
- Have the equivalent of at least a ‘B’ grade GCSE in Maths and English
- Have the equivalent of 300 UCAS points (24 points under the old system)
- Have, or expect to have, a 2:1 honours degree
ONLY SERIOUS APPLICANTS NEED APPLY. Before applying, please prepare answers to the following four mandatory questions in about 150 words EACH:
- Why does business appeal to you and how have you influenced a business initiative? e.g. as part of work experience
- What is the most challenging or unusual way in which you have sought to learn, develop and grow?
- What important relationships have you developed and how will they stand you in good stead for moving forward?
- Why would you like a career in insurance with Allianz Cornhill Personal Lines and what will you contribute to the business?
Please ensure you answer ALL the above questions IN ABOUT 150 WORDS EACH. You MUST also attach a CV and covering letter.
ALLIANZ CORNHILL WILL IGNORE ANY APPLICATIONS WITH ANSWERS THAT ARE TOO SHORT, OR TOO NONSENSICAL.