Underwriting is core to our business and as a graduate trainee underwriter you will be expected to make an immediate impact as part of a specialist professional team located in one of our regional branches.
You can look forward to industry-leading training and development from our award-winning Underwriting Academy and support in achieving your Advanced Diploma in Insurance (ACII). In addition, we will give you all the opportunities you need to advance your management career in this challenging and interesting profession.
Our award-shortlisted 2 year scheme operates within our highly successful Commercial division where a key part of your role will involve interaction with our brokers as well as gaining specific underwriting training together with professional qualifications. You will spend time learning about one of the key classes of commercial underwriting as well as participating in our Underwriting Academy and building the core leadership, commercial and technical skills that are key to our business.
And you will need to persuade us that you:
Have a very keen interest in and aptitude for business
Have a good understanding of, and interest in, a career in insurance
Will be committed to study towards a professional qualification
Will take responsibility for your own career and personal development
In return we offer:
- From 20 days annual leave
- Location allowances
- Lunch allowance
- Pension scheme
- Medical insurance
- Employee share ownership plan
- Insurance discounts
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Sports club membership
- Professional further education
...and much more!Please ensure you:
- Are able to work in the UK without a work permit
- Have the equivalent of at least a ‘B’ grade GCSE in Maths and English
- Have the equivalent of 240 UCAS points
- Have, or expect to have, a 2:1 degree, preferably business related
ONLY SERIOUS APPLICANTS NEED APPLY. Before applying, please prepare answers to the following four mandatory questions in about 150 words EACH:
- Why does business appeal to you and how have you influenced a business initiative? e.g. as part of work experience
- What is the most challenging or unusual way in which you have sought to learn, develop and grow?
- What important relationships have you developed and how will they stand you in good stead for moving forward?
- Why would you like a career in Underwriting with Allianz Cornhill and what will you contribute to the business?
Please ensure you answer ALL the above questions IN ABOUT 150 WORDS EACH. You MUST also attach a CV and covering letter.
ALLIANZ CORNHILL WILL IGNORE ANY APPLICATIONS WITH ANSWERS THAT ARE TOO SHORT, OR TOO NONSENSICAL.