Our actuarial trainee scheme will give you the exposure and experience you need to pursue a successful and rewarding career as a General Insurance Actuary.
The actuarial team provides a full range of actuarial support and advice in the following areas which gives you wide experience and development opportunity.
- corporate planning
- capital management
- reinsurance purchase
- management information.
Our study support scheme is among the best in the market. In return we expect exceptional results from you.
You will be based in our London office in the heart of the city and will travel to our trading divisions in Guildford, Bristol, Tunbridge Wells and Brentford to provide support to our underwriters.
And you will need to persuade us that you:
understand the commitment required to study to become an actuary
will take responsibility for your own career and personal development
- have a very keen interest in and aptitude for business
- are a team player
are a self starter
are an excellent communicator
have leadership qualities
In return we offer:
- From 20 days annual leave
- Location allowances
- Lunch allowance
- Pension scheme
- Medical insurance
- Employee share ownership plan
- Insurance discounts
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Sports club membership
- Professional further education
...and much more!
Please ensure you:
- are able to work in the UK without a work permit
- have the equivalent of at least a ‘B’ grade GCSE in English, and an ‘A’ grade A level in Maths
- have the equivalent of 340 UCAS points (28 points under the old system)
- have, or expect to have, at least a 2:1 honours degree in a mathematical subject
ONLY SERIOUS APPLICANTS NEED APPLY. Before applying, please prepare answers to the following four mandatory questions in about 150 words EACH:
- Why does business appeal to you and how have you influenced a business initiative? e.g. as part of work experience
- What is the most challenging or unusual way in which you have sought to learn, develop and grow?
- What important relationships have you developed and how will they stand you in good stead for moving forward?
- Why would you like a career as an Actuary with Allianz Cornhill and what will you contribute to the business?
Please ensure you answer ALL the above questions IN ABOUT 150 WORDS EACH. You MUST also attach a CV and covering letter.
ALLIANZ CORNHILL WILL IGNORE ANY APPLICATIONS WITH ANSWERS THAT ARE TOO SHORT, OR TOO NONSENSICAL.