Want to gain valuable, tangible work experience following graduation?
With Talent Scotland Graduate Placement Programme you will have the opportunity to:
- Work on a short-term project with local businesses in Scotland (placements last from 3-12 months)
- Work on projects that are innovative, quantifiable and measureable
- Work in organisations of all sizes - participating businesses are dynamic, growth-oriented and located across Scotland, within the private and voluntary sectors.
- Attend bespoke residential business skills training Receive a minimum salary of £14,000 (pro rata)
Who are we?
The TalentScotland Graduate Placement Programme is a multi-party Programme supported by TalentScotland, Scottish Enterprise, Highlands and Islands Enterprise, the Scottish Government, Association of Graduates Careers Advisory Service, Skills Development Scotland and the Scottish Funding Council.
The Programme was launched in October 2010 and is the first joint public sector Scotland-wide graduate placement programme. It is supported by the European Regional Development Fund.
The Programme is focused on supporting growth projects within a range of Scottish companies across different sectors, and offers unemployed graduates the opportunity to gain valuable work experience.
All placements are based on innovative projects that are important for the growth of the hosting organisation. These projects cover a range of sectors and project types and can include marketing, engineering, business development, IT, HR, product development and many more.
The graduate will be given responsibility for delivery of their project and there will be a steep learning curve, settling into a small or medium sized business. It is very likely that the graduate will be involved with a range of tasks that provide a lot of opportunities to enhance your transferable skills.
A large number of our placements offer the possibility of extension or conversion to a permanent role at the end of the placement period.
Training and Development
Our graduate placement programme includes between three and five days complimentary residential training, to develop additional innovation and business skills. The course will help you apply all learning directly to your placement project and includes training on project management, business development, innovation and entrepreneurship. The course is delivered by Robert Gordon’s Business School and Strathclyde’s Hunter Centre for Entrepreneurship.
- Learn new skills and gain confidence
- Learn more about your project and its relevance for the company
- Gain new ideas for your project/how to tackle your tasks
- Meet fellow graduates on placement
What we look for
We are looking for graduates who are keen to use their skills to a make a difference to the small and medium sized organisations they will work for.
The programme is open to all graduates who:
- Have graduated at degree or postgraduate level from a higher education institution, typically within the past two years
- Have no more than one year’s relevant (graduate level) work experience since their latest graduation
- Have up-to-date visa documentation, sufficient for the duration of the programme, if requiredHave strong English language skills appropriate to a business environment
We’ve facilitated over 200 placements so far, please read some of the success stories of our graduates here:
What we offer
Minimum of £14,000 pro rata, per annum
Often employers pay more, depending on sector and skills required. Some employers also offer additional benefits, like bonus schemes.
How to apply
All our vacancies are advertised here