2012 is a significant year for Kiln Group, as we celebrate 50 years in business as a leading supplier of insurance and reinsurance in the Lloyd’s market. Kiln has grown into a truly global company, protecting clients in more than 200 countries. Since 1962, we have built our business on the strength of our underwriting and our relationships.
Who are we?
Kiln is part of the 'AA-' rated Tokio Marine Group. Our UK operating company, R J Kiln & Co Limited, currently manages four syndicates at Lloyd’s and, in terms of capacity, is one of the largest agencies trading in the Lloyd’s insurance market. In addition to the UK, we have offices in Belgium, France, Germany, Brazil, South Africa, Hong Kong and Singapore. Kiln offers an excellent work environment, as recognised by our recent employee survey, where a staggering 95% of our people responded to say that they enjoy their jobs. This has been reinforced by the company achieving twelfth place in “The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies To Work For, 2012”. This year, Kiln is sponsoring the Kiln Sierra Leone Marathon, led by British charity Street Child of Sierra Leone (SCoSL). The money raised will go towards building and supporting 50 schools in rural villages in Sierra Leone, and is an opportunity for Kiln to play a small part in supporting the country on its road to prosperity.
Training and Development
Generous study leave and an exam-related remuneration structure has been a major factor in the success of our graduate schemes for over 25 years, enabling our trainees to successfully complete their professional qualification examinations (e.g. ACII, ISEB).
What we look for
Successful Kiln graduates are able to effectively demonstrate their enthusiasm for their chosen graduate career path, and their suitability in line with our core values and graduate competencies. We are looking for graduates with:
- an excellent academic track record,
- exceptional interpersonal and communication skills,
- strong analytical skills, particularly when faced with complex challenges,
- the ability to share and transfer knowledge openly with others,
- a natural ability for business-minded decision-making and commercial awareness, and
- a willingness to take the initiative and accept responsibility for their own actions.
What we offer
Graduates join on a fixed compensation package of £27,500 per annum, plus study-related increments and awards.
Kiln offers a benefits package including the following:
- 25 days annual leave and holiday purchase up to an additional 5 days
- Discretionary Bonus
- Travel insurance – including family cover (both Personal & Business travel)
- Healthcare – including family cover
- PHI (Permanent Health Insurance) cover
- Life Assurance – 4 x salary
- Subsidised gym membership – ¾ of membership paid by Kiln
- Interest free Home Loans up to £20,000 (after completing two years service, and subject to conditions)
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan up to £10,000
- Interest free iPad loan
- Childcare Vouchers
- Eye Tests
- Kiln Social Club
- Free fruit each morning
- Subsidised lunches
How to apply
Register your interest via www.kilngroup.com: Graduate Programme – ‘How to Apply'”