Euler Hermes is the UK's leading Credit Management Solutions Company.
Who are we?
We are the UK's leading Credit Management Solutions Company, providing 40% of all trade credit insurance arranged in the UK. We offer a range of integrated products and services designed to assist businesses in the management of their working capital and cash flow and to protect their assets.
- Take responsibility for sourcing, interpreting and providing reports on the financial, economic, commercial and political information that is vital to our customers.
- Complete delivery or projects and other ad hoc tasks within agreed timetables so that the company reduces costs, improves customer service and increases efficiencies.
- Form business relationships with clients, buyers and brokers.
- Conduct presentations as and when required.
- Follow company procedures, rules and guidelines to enable consistent business practice
- As part of the graduate programme you will work on various projects to then be presented to the management team. You will also accompany underwriters and account managers on client visit.
Training and Development
Our 12 month Training Scheme sees graduates move from department to department to gradually develop a thorough and well rounded understanding of the group's products, services and organisation. This enables you to carve your own career on the basis of where your personal strengths lie. In addition to extensive on the job training, our graduate trainees also attend courses in order to develop core competencies in financial analysis, customer focus and personal development. After 12 months you will specialise in Risk Analysis or the commercial route. Example of 12 - month programme. 8 weeks UK risk 6 weeks foreign risk 6 weeks risk information 2 weeks risk management 6 weeks commercial operations 4 weeks account management 6 weeks new business 2 weeks marketing 2 weeks direct service centre 4 weeks collections 4 weeks claims 2 weeks first source
What we look for
- 2:1 degree or 2:2 if with a Masters, preferably business/financial based.
- An understanding and knowledge of credit management and financial accounts.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness and customer service.
- Good communicator and relationship person both internally and externally of the company.
- Good knowledge and experience of Microsoft office, IRP and other LBU IT systems.
Name - Soleen Sadi
University: University of Liverpool BA Economics, graduated 2002
University of West Minster - Masters in International Business, graduated 2005
Company & Position: Euler Hermes, Credit Analyst
I am responsible for sourcing, interpreting and providing reports on the financial, economic, commercial and political information that is vital to our customers. I analyse the credit worthiness of a variety of companies from SME's to larger Multinationals.
What were your expectations when you started?
I knew that there would be a lot of analysis and a steep learning curve, however Euler provides very structured training and support through you first 12 months. I receive regular appraisals to measure my progress and I am encouraged to take part in additional training when it is available. I have been given a lot of autonomy and it is for me to organise my time to make sure I meet deadlines.
What is the career progression like at Euler Hermes?
Your progress is constantly monitored to see where your strengths lie and in which areas you need improvement. With regards to career progression it is really up to the individual concerned. There are numerous opportunities if you are hungry and ambitious to progress your career.
What are the best things about working for Euler Hermes?
At Euler Hermes you are given a lot of freedom and flexibility in your work. I have responsibility for my own reports which I have to present to a committee on a weekly basis but I can write them in my own style and do not have to adhere to a strict format.
We work flexi-time hours and you can accrue days in lieu in the months if you work more than you standard 35 hour week. Our offices are based out of Canary Wharf where there is a great atmosphere and lots to do after work. The culture is open and friendly and socialising with colleague is common place.
What we offer
£20,000 + Reviews at 6 months and 12 months
22 days holiday
Extensive training and support for further education.
Regular events are organised including the Allianz games 2006 being held in Paris, company conference and dinner and dance and regular social events.
Offices are located in the cosmopolitan business centre at Canary Wharf where you will find tremendous atmosphere and numerous restaurants, cafes, bars and shops. and we are part of international group with offices all over the world with diverse locations such as Paris, Singapore and Brazil.
How to apply
30 Ludgate Hill
Tel : 0121 212 3111