Cooper Parry is the East Midlands leading firm of accountants and business advisers
- Over 200 client focused individuals delivering excellent service to our clients
- Modern state of the art office premises in Nottingham, Derby and Leicester
- Placed 33rd nationally in Accountancy Age top 50 firms 2004, a move of six places
- Lead players in a large international network
- Extensive range of services includes audit and assurance, business and personal tax, corporate finance, human resources, information technology, wealth management, change consulting, financial services, business turnaround and insolvency.
Who are we?
Clear vision to become the preferred adviser to privately owned businesses in the regions. Underpinning our vision we have six core values which guide us in everything that we do and determine all of our actions.
- A credible alternative to the Big 4
- Unique position in the market place with more focus than the middle tier
- Local skills and resources as strong as Big 4 and stronger than national practices in our region
- Partner led personal service as a key differentiator
- Team of highly client focused individuals specifically trained in private businesses
- Proactive advice based on specific needs delivered in an understandable and relevant way
- Strategy of recruiting and developing high calibre individuals trained in needs of private businesses
- Predominantly privately owned businesses
- Clients with a turnover between ú1m and ú1bn
- Consulting services to PlcÆs
- High net worth individuals
- Only UK accountancy firm to be placed in the Sunday Times Top Businesses to Work For 2004
- Investors in People accredited described as æa true example of an Investors in People organisation. There (is) a true team culture with everybody supporting and focusing on the success of the firm's vision and valuesÆ
- Short listed for Derbyshire Business of the Year Awards 2004
Training for the ICAEW, ATT and CTA qualifications is available. IT graduates may be able to train for the MSCP qualifications.
Excellent development and support is offered, as part of our highly structured in-house Business Adviser Training programme. The case studies illustrate the career progression which is possible.
Training and Development
At Cooper Parry we have a unique learning and development programme, Cooper Parry Business Adviser Training (CPBAT).
At the centre of CPBAT is the need to provide the environment to develop highly effective client focused team members who can help clients achieve their business goals.
CPBAT is designed to ensure that all our team members are provided with the opportunities to develop the essential technical knowledge, IT skills and business and personal skills essential to serve the needs of private business.
Our training and development programme is focused around these three areas and provides courses to help team members address their individual training and development needs. No two people are the same, so no two training programmes are the same. Factors such as your current level and prior experience, as well as the function in which you specialise are taken into consideration.
CPBAT is available to everyone within the firm and is administered completely electronically.
What we look for
We need people with good academic qualifications (minimum 2:1 degree in any discipline and 22/280 UCAS points). However, the right attitude is equally important.
Jenny Watson- Student Chartered Accountant 2000-2003, Transaction Team 2004- present
During my last year at Hull University doing a Geography degree I began to consider where my career would take me and after meeting my careers adviser I decided that Accountancy was the way forward. Wanting to base myself in the Midlands area Cooper Parry immediately stood out as a leading firm and one that seemed to offer a unique proposition with regards to training and development. I was delighted when Cooper Parry offered me the role and did not hesitate in accepting.
The job itself gave us lots of variety and responsibility early on so I found I was more familiar with the advanced aspects of the ACA training than my counterparts at other firms who werenÆt gaining such a wide practical experience in their roles.
During my first year I spent a lot of time out on audit at clients learning the ropes. As I have progressed the role has brought increasing responsibilities from involvement at the planning and completion stages together with leading teams onsite and reporting direct to Managers and Partners. I finished the ACA training in 2003 and have recently moved across into the Transaction team which has provided me with the opportunity to get involved in more high profile work working with Directors and Partners across the business.
The best thing about working for Cooper Parry is they really work hard to develop all the skills you need to become a business adviser. Along with the technical aspects of the role I have developed excellent communication, negotiation and networking skills which provide me with the critical skills to working alongside clients to ensure I continoulsy deliver excellent client service.
Life at Cooper Parry is full of opportunities. Both within the company and in the local business community if you join CP you need to be prepared for a busy social calendar!ö
Phil Wood- Student Chartered Accountant 2
What we offer
Salaries are competitive with market rates and our team members benefit from our Flexible Benefits Scheme.
How to apply
Learning & Development Co-ordinator
Tel : 0115 7580212