3M is a bn global organisation, which has consistently delivered excellent results for over 100 years. We are proud of our culture and believe that by ensuring a diverse and determined workforce and actively supporting work/life balance we enable employees to enjoy the best quality of life.
We have 67,000 employees, operations in more than 60 countries and 136 plants.
Who are we?
3M has leading positions in consumer and office; display and graphics; electronics and telecommunications; health care; industrial; safety, security and protection services; transportation and other businesses.
2004 Sales of £2 billion. 11.6% up on 2003
Ranked No.1 in its sector in Dow Jones Sustainability Index
Ranked No.39 in Business in the Community corporate responsibility Index
Industrial Placements and Graduate positions in a variety of functions including; manufacturing, marketing and IT. Positions based across the UK and Ireland.
3M may be one of the most diverse companies in the world, but consistent across the business is the opportunity for everyone to grow and learn throughout their career.
You will be responsible for the pace of your development, and we provide a development and training framework to ensure you have the skills to achieve the standards of performance demanded by our competitive business - and in the process fulfil your own potential. This includes:
- business skills training
- a graduate training programme to give you a head start, including a two day insight into the company
- specific functional training as appropriate, eg for IT
- your own personal development plan, with regular appraisals encouragement and support for further qualifications, such as professional qualifications relevant to your function.
Training and Development
3M offers a special graduate training programme to give you both a good overview of the business - so that, where appropriate, you can more easily move across functions - and a good network of contacts to help throughout your career. Training starts the week you arrive with a general introduction to 3M and continues throughout your first year.
We have a further education policy which means everyone is given the opportunity to gain further qualifications, right through to MBAs. In particular, graduates are encouraged and supported to take the relevant professional qualification including: IPD, CIMA, IMechE and CIPS.
What we look for
Requirements depend upon the position applied for. Please refer to our website for details
General Sales & Marketing Manager
(started as a marketing placement student and has made excellent progression through the company.)
Abrasive Systems Division
- Marketing Placement Student
- Sales Representative
- Marketing Executive
- Senior Marketing Executive
- Market Development Manager
- Sales Manager
- Marketing Manager
- UK/Ireland Black Belt
- General Sales and Marketing Manager Abrasives
What we offer
This is a brief summary of the benefits you can enjoy while working at 3M:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days paid holiday per year, plus bank holidays
- Subsidised restaurant / cafeteria facilities (depends on location)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Reduced subscriptions to various schemes covering private health care, car insurance, personal accident
- Competitive banking service and free mortgage advice
- Free, confidential counselling and legal advisory telephone service
- Various sports and social activities
- Financial support for further education
- Discount on 3M products
- Local discounts on products and services, ranging from dry cleaning and film processing to local leisure services (specific discounts depend on location)
How to apply
Online applications only.