Hadi Alzahid graduated in 2006 from Cardiff University with a BSc in Computer Science. He undertook FDM’s .Net Development stream, training in the Brighton Academy in 2008. Upon completion of his training, he was placed at growing insurance company Swiftcover, where he is currently working as an FDM Software Developer.
“After I completed my degree I was hoping to become an IT Developer and get involved in developing business applications using cutting edge technology. I applied to FDM Academy because of the quality of training and the business model, which would get me work with their well-respected clients.
My time in the academy comprised of the most effective and engaging training I have had since the start of my journey in IT. It provided me with everything I needed to get the job I desired. The environment at FDM was professional yet friendly; a ‘work hard, play hard’ attitude which I very much enjoyed.
I was placed when my skills development was completed, at Swiftcover Insurance Services. My role is at a high level and I am involved in:
- Systems development and deployment
- System monitoring and bug fixing
- System improvement and technical support
I am really enjoying my work at Swiftcover and on a typical day I am:
- attending team and business analysis meetings
- getting involved with the design phases for new developments
- creating MSTests / UnitTests to test development changes
- coding, debugging and building upon developed code
- investigating and fixing system defects
- providing technical support.
Speaking out of experience, if you would like to have a career in IT, in a well-respected firm and get the best cutting edge training, then FDM is your start point. I would definitely do it all again – FDM is one of the best decisions I have ever made!”